Sunday, January 28, 2007

What Do YOU Care What Other People Think?

I like that quote (also the title of a book) by the late great physicist Richard Feynman. Why? Because it INSPIRES me when I'm not feeling very confident!:-)

I read his very interesting collection of stories from his life late last year, and was touched by his story of how he defied his family and married the woman he loved, knowing she had a terminal illness, and of their relationship while she lay dying in a hospital while he was working on the bomb in Los Alamos. He used to like to say that to her...and she threw it right back at him when he was confronted with potential uncomfortable situations, usually created by herself!

Are you wondering how the heck did I come up with my blog name? Well, I'll tell you. The "woman warrior" part was inspired by the title of the same name of a novel by Maxine Hong Kingston. The "007"? I am a Bond junkie to the marrow of my bone! I used to be--and still am, prone to fantasies of being a spy. Must be from watching too many thriller movies in the past and present. I figured that since I'm quiet natured, I could sneak in and out of places without being noticed.

Of course, I'm sure there's MUCH more to being a spy than that. Like assuming another identity, constantly watching your back, lying to get information you need...who knows what else? I'm always shedding hair...someone would find my black hair in no time! If you ever go to Washington D.C., be sure to check out the International Spy Museum. It's lots of fun!

This is my second blog. I was womanwarrior2 at modblog.com. But I recently discovered they've faded into oblivion. My old blog is now cached, and not all of it is there. Oh well. I quit writing last spring when I became overwhelmed at school. I had started it the year before, when I turned 40.

Then I decided to change course, return to school to become a massage therapist (which I love!) and studied my brains out, after almost two decades out of college!%-0 We had tests or quizzes EVERY single week for nine months, excepting the Christmas holidays. 900 hours of therapeutic massage training. Then studying for the national board exam. No time for a blog!

But now I do.:-)

Please visit my friend at washingtonsu.blogspot.com., especially if you live in Washington state and/or have an interest in jewelry making. She's a longtime friend of mine...since jr. high school and just moved from CA to WA.

She beat me to the punch! Just last week she asked for advice on starting a blog...but before I had a chance to respond, she emailed the other day to say she had her own blog! I don't want to be left behind!

Friends are VERY important to me. They keep me happy and healthy!:-) I made it very clear to my man before we got married that friends are extremely important to me. He was puzzled in the beginning, but he knows this now, after so many years of observing my friendships w/o me having to articulate anything.

So I mention my friend in WA because I try to look out for my peeps!

1 comment:

washingtonsu said...

Great first post! Love the thought-provoking quote with the accent on YOU! Looking forward to more! You go womanwarrior007!